If you have stumbled upon our website while looking for information on the 5k/10k races, we have a question for you…. Why not join Edinburgh Athletic Club?
( For Junior Athletes, please click on the link New Junior Members )
We believe we are the biggest and best club in Scotland and have picked up several Club Of The Year awards from ‘Scottish Athletics’ to prove it!
We take part in all athletic disciplines, not only Road Running, we cater for Track and Field, Cross Country, Trail Running, Hill Running, Adventure Racing, Duathlons, Triathlons etc. etc. You name it, we have athletes taking part in it!
Have a look at just some of the advantages to joining EAC over running ‘unattached':
- Access to coaching sessions and group runs: There are training sessions on Tuesday 7.00pm Meadowbank, Wednesday 6.00pm The Meadows, Thursday 7.00pm The Meadows, Saturday 10.00am The Meadows and Sunday 9.00am Craiglockhart.
- Access to UK Athletics qualified coaches for help, advice and training schedules. All coaches fully disclosure checked by Disclosure Scotland.
- You have already discovered our EAC website. This provides up to date information on races, results, social outings etc. for all of our members. Communication is a vital aspect to any club and we are constantly looking for ways to improve and develop our website, making it bigger and better.
- If you are a member of EAC you will save £12 on your joining fee for Scottish Athletics, you will then save £2 on the entry fee for every road race you enter.
- Discover a whole new world of running, feel involved in something bigger and see the natural progression. As part of a club, not only do you get a team spirit and help and support from your clubmates, in races you can count towards team awards and win prizes.
- Social events and activities. Pub nights, meals, weekends, holidays for races and training.
- Enjoy some interesting and enjoyable cross country running. The club will pay your entry fee to 8 cross country events over the winter, many of which you are unable to enter as an individual. East District Relay races, Scottish Relay Races, Three races in the East District League, East District Championship, Scottish 4k Championship, Scottish Cross Country Championship. (That more than covers the entry fee on it’s own!).
- For Road races, the club will pay entry fees for championship events as long as certain performance standards are met (see elsewhere on the website for current standards). Races include Scottish 1/2 Marathon championship (Dunfermline), Scottish 10k (Vale of Leven), East District 1/2 Marathon(Loch Leven), East District 10k (Dunfermline). (That could cover far more than the cost of the membership fee!!!)
- Possibility for track running: If you ever have a notion for running on the track, we have teams competing at all levels, from Edinburgh to East District to Scottish to UK level.
- Access into club handicap races and various other club races throughout the year including MacDonald Trophy and Robertson Trophy.
- Share transport to events with your club mates.
- Guaranteed entries for the London Marathon.
- 10% Discount at Run & Become, Run4It, Sweatshop and 20% discount at You Physiotherapy .
So what are you waiting for, JOIN US!! Download an application form at
Or why not register online (our preferred option) Contact the membership secretary for the link to the online process.