NOTICE OF AGM
Date: Monday 23rd November 2015
Time: 7.30pm (papers for review prior to the
meeting will be available from 7pm)
WHO CAN ATTEND?
Fully paid-up members 17 years of age and over as at the Annual General Meeting shall be entitled to vote in the affairs of the Club and to hold Office.
Twenty fully paid-up members, who are eligible to vote, shall form a quorum at any General Meeting.
- Receive and consider the Secretary’s report.
- Receive and consider the respective Commissions’ reports
- Receive and consider the Annual Financial Statement and Independent Examiners report.
- Elect the Executive Committee, co-opted members and Trustees. It is proposed to increase the number of elected Trustees.
- Appoint independent examiner from out-with the Executive Committee and Commissions to examine the books of the Club.
- Review the classes of membership and the respective annual subscription fees to be paid during the ensuing year.
- Review the payment of Honoraria recommended by the Executive and vote approval if thought appropriate.
- Consider any competent proposals, which must have been lodged in writing with the Secretary before the meeting.
- Consider at the Chairman’s discretion, any other competent business.
- Amendment to the constitution and rules of Edinburgh Athletic Club (version 5):
A Proposal has been received to amend the constitution – please see attached proposal with full rationale.
ELECTION OF OFFICE BEARERS:
- All members of the Executive Committee have put themselves forward for re-election, however,
Anyone wishing to put their name forward for any of the positions below must do so in writing to the Secretary (Lynn Allan) 7 days in advance of AGM date in accordance with constitution:
- Nominations for election to the Executive Committee must be by members at the Annual General Meeting and only with the agreement of the nominee.
CURRENT EXECUTIVE, CO-OPTED MEMBERS, SUB GROUPS AND TRUSTEES:
Honorary President: Barry Craighead
President: Moira Maguire
Vice-President: Yvonne Jones
Secretary: Lynn Allan
Treasurer: Graeme Dunn
Welfare officer: Marjory Cook / Brian Nisbet
Membership Secretary: Brian Nisbet
Parents Committee Chairperson: Yvonne Jones
Co-opted / Sub Groups:
Endurance: Alex McEwan
Athlete Representatives: Martin Ferguson & Sarah Warnock
Under 17 and Senior Women: Bob Moxey & Bill Walker
Team Management: Anne Scott
YDL League (lower): Enid Johnstone
Minute Secretary: Moira Nisbet
General Member Neil Donachie